    SubjectRe: Kernel cpu selection
    Date
    Andrej Presern wrote:
    >Aaron Tiensivu wrote:
    >>
    >> > What processor do you set in make config for a kernel build with a
    >> > K6? Is there any reason you can't set it for Pentium? I remember having
    >
    >Now that this has been brought up, it makes me wonder about cyrix 6x86
    >kernel compilation cpu settings. Does anyone know if it's ok to use
    >'pentium' or is it better to use something else?
    >
    >Andrej

    I have been wondering about this... I got a 6x86 200+ and
    not sure how to label it, I have been compiling as "386" since
    that seemed the most compatible level. Now, even with the
    Cyrix patch, it asks me for [3456]86 before it asks about
    the Cyrix stuff..

    Perhaps there should be a note in the Configure.help about
    Cyrix/AMD w.r.t. the CPU selection?

    --kmb203@psu.edu----------------Debian/GNU--1.3---Linux--2.0.30---
    THE LESSER-KNOWN PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES #12: LITHP
    This otherwise unremarkable language is distinguished by the
    absence of an "S" in its character set; users must substitute
    "TH". LITHP is said to be useful in protheththing lithtth.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.018 / U:0.316 seconds]