SubjectRe: Kernel cpu selection
Date
Andrej Presern wrote:
>Aaron Tiensivu wrote:
>>
>> > What processor do you set in make config for a kernel build with a
>> > K6? Is there any reason you can't set it for Pentium? I remember having
>
>Now that this has been brought up, it makes me wonder about cyrix 6x86
>kernel compilation cpu settings. Does anyone know if it's ok to use
>'pentium' or is it better to use something else?
>
>Andrej

I have been wondering about this... I got a 6x86 200+ and
not sure how to label it, I have been compiling as "386" since
that seemed the most compatible level. Now, even with the
Cyrix patch, it asks me for [3456]86 before it asks about
the Cyrix stuff..

Perhaps there should be a note in the Configure.help about
Cyrix/AMD w.r.t. the CPU selection?

--kmb203@psu.edu----------------Debian/GNU--1.3---Linux--2.0.30---
THE LESSER-KNOWN PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES #12: LITHP
This otherwise unremarkable language is distinguished by the
absence of an "S" in its character set; users must substitute
"TH". LITHP is said to be useful in protheththing lithtth.