    SubjectRe: Kernel cpu selection
    Andrej Presern wrote:
    >Aaron Tiensivu wrote:
    >> > What processor do you set in make config for a kernel build with a
    >> > K6? Is there any reason you can't set it for Pentium? I remember having
    >Now that this has been brought up, it makes me wonder about cyrix 6x86
    >kernel compilation cpu settings. Does anyone know if it's ok to use
    >'pentium' or is it better to use something else?

    I have been wondering about this... I got a 6x86 200+ and
    not sure how to label it, I have been compiling as "386" since
    that seemed the most compatible level. Now, even with the
    Cyrix patch, it asks me for [3456]86 before it asks about
    the Cyrix stuff..

    Perhaps there should be a note in the about
    Cyrix/AMD w.r.t. the CPU selection?
    This otherwise unremarkable language is distinguished by the
    absence of an "S" in its character set; users must substitute
    "TH". LITHP is said to be useful in protheththing lithtth.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.017 / U:32.348 seconds]