    SubjectRe: The i2o Bus: A Conspiracy Against Free Software? (fwd)
    It seems that there would be no easy way Free software could get
    in on
    this without a company having to charge (or something similar) for the
    product, however, in the licensing agreement says that each member has
    the right to create their own standards, and micros&^%* is very popular
    for doing that, and if my interpretation of the law is correct it is
    very possible to reverse engineer such a thing, they have provided
    enough information on their pages, and the hardware has to released some
    day! Dr. Dobbs published a reverse engineered 4 Mb paging for the
    Pentium chips and I don't remember them getting a slap over the wrists
    for that.
    So basically _if_ this isn't stuffed up by a renegade company
    and it _does_
    become standard, Linux may only be one step behind, at the most.
    --
    | MABS -=marcus@cwi.net.au=- |

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:5.110 / U:0.004 seconds]