    Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 23:04:11 -0700 (PDT)
    From: David Mandel <>
    To: Portland Linux User Group <>,
    Seattle Linux Users Group <>
    Subject: The i2o Bus: A Conspiracy Against Free Software? (fwd)

    The following appeared in the Corvallis LUG mailing list.
    It seems worth forwarding, as things like this need to concern
    freeware developers/users/advocates everywhere.
    There are times we need to be better politicians.
    You see Bill Gates playing golf with the President and Vice President.
    However, you rarely see Linus, Richard Stallman, Richie, Thompson,
    or any other technically innovative people doing this.

    Dave Mandel

    David Mandel, Linux Activist
    Internet Provided by: Transport Logic (503) 243-1940
    Serving the Pacific Northwestern USA
    Portland * Vancouver * McMinnville * Salem * Bend