SubjectRe: NFS pains with 2.0.x
John Reilly <jr@broadcom.ie> writes:

> > Don`t know about the other problem, but the messages above simply mean
> > that a NFS request has timed out. This can be the case under high net
> > load, or if the NFS Server is quite loaded s.t. the process serving
> > the NFS requests of the clients simply doesn`t answer in time. I don`t
> > think that this is a bug or hardware problem.
>
> When it does this repeatedly with just one machine mounting a drive from it
> as I have seen in 2.0.30 then there is a problem. Eventually all network
> functionally goes down the tubes on mine and needs a reboot. (Every week or two)

Mmmh. Yes. Well, just searched back through the kernel list and found your
original posting. I recently got some problems with my NE2000 card like

eth0: mismatched read page pointers 0 vs 52.
eth0: mismatched read page pointers 0 vs ff.

After that the card hangs, and I have to live without networking or
have to shutdown and turn the power off before I reboot again. Maybe
you have a similar problem, i.e. that the low level network interface
hangs under high load? Ok, I probably should stop talking about things
I hardly know anything about.

Cheers

Claus

--