    SubjectRe: Feature for sysrq.

    > I was just thinking, it would be very nice if there was a function in
    > in the magic SysRq that would reset the videomode to plain 80x25 in case
    > it gets trashed by some program (like an X server, or svgalib program)
    > At the moment, if anyone wonders, there IS a way to reset the
    > videomode... Run dosemu with -A and no floppy, when it resets the screen,
    > kill it with alt-sysrq-A, and you have your 80x25 textmode back. Works
    > for me.

    Unfortunately, there is no simple way to do such a thing, but it can
    be simply accomplished with the current capabilities -- just reset the
    keyboard mode to cooked, switch to a free console and run SVGATextMode...

    On the other hand, it might be useful to add a capability to the keyboard
    driver allowing arbitrary programs to be executed on press of given key
    combination. This might be simply accomplished by passing a message
    to kerneld. But now I have no time for implementing such a thing.

    Have a nice fortnight
    Martin `MJ' Mares <>
    "Entropy isn't what it used to be."

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.020 / U:2.560 seconds]