SubjectRe: 2.0.31 : please!

>I think a Bug Tracking web site would be good for this. THere could be a
>CGI script that allows the web user to post a bug and then these reports
>get placed into a catagorized bug list on th web site.

I started working on one of these last night. I will post more info when it
is done.

>This would allow everyone to see what problems there are and let everyone
>see what needs fixing. This would also allow newer kernel hackers to give
>a try at fixing some of these bugs.

Yep, that was the idea. It will also allow people to "claim" bugs on the
list so that it doesn't get done twice. Plus a place for to send a patch
when fixed, as well as name a kernel version that fixes it.

I have the concept pretty well hammered out, but still, if anyone has any
great ideas, email me.

===
Evan Jeffrey
erjeffre@artsci.wustl.edu

depends on the unreasonable man.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.127 / U:0.212 seconds]