SubjectRe: 2.0.31 : please!
On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> I would like to suggest that this development group set up a "formal" bug
> tracking system (possibly modeled after the system used by the Debian
> Development Team) that would allow users (and others) to "log" a bug
> report that is visible to all who wish to look at the tracking system.
> These bugs could then be used by developers to "prioritize" their efforts,
> and, when the problem has been addressed, the bug report can be closed.
> This provides a means for users to "vent" their frustrations without
> attacking any particular developer (or the developers in general), but
> more important, this give the developers a "concrete" list of problems, as
> perceived by the community at large.

I think a Bug Tracking web site would be good for this. THere could be a
CGI script that allows the web user to post a bug and then these reports
get placed into a catagorized bug list on th web site.

This would allow everyone to see what problems there are and let everyone
see what needs fixing. This would also allow newer kernel hackers to give
a try at fixing some of these bugs.

Thanks for your time.

\|/
0(o o)0
Jay Schulist
Jay.Schulist@spacs.k12.wi.us
SPACS Network Developer

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.209 / U:1.980 seconds]