Subjectksymoops [was. 2.0.31] stupid (?) question
>People, if you find a bug in the kernel, report it to the developers. Or fix
>it yourself if it isn't already being worked on. Go run the OOPS through
>ksymoops, and try to fix it yourself. If you can't, or don't have the time
>that day, send the debugging output to the kernel list.

How?

kysmoops is not made by make zImage, but at least it has a line
how to compile it as one of the first comment lines.
(BTW: I compiled it with -lg++ instead of -liostrems and it seemed to work too)

But how to use it?
It does not react on -h or any other well known switch.

Who is going to volunteer to add a chapter to the Documentation/oops-tracing
file on what 'running the oops thru ksymoops' really means?

Sorry, if this is a stupid question in your opinion, but I would like to
know it really ...

I want to start testing kernel with a little more system than before, and
I would like to know
- how to prepare myself
(logfile setup any special way? Keeping the System map? Where?
I have three different kernel trees I want to run (2.0.latest, 2.1.latest,
2.0.ggi, and of course something meant to be stable :-) and
currently copy the zImages to /some-name and the System maps to
/System.map.some-name, but what is it good for?)
- what to test
-what to look for

Eagerly waiting for somebody to tell me how to test 2.0.30-2,

Hartmut.

--
+--+
!cu!

--
Hartmut Niemann
niemann@cip.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.026 / U:0.416 seconds]