SubjectRe: Two Video Adapters - disable one?
On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Don Fisher wrote:
> Yes, multiple video adapters are supported. Both the Metrolink server
> and the Xi graphics server provide multihead capability. And I think it
> is to be included in a future release of XF86. None on the above
> solutions allow you to drag a window from one screen to another, like
> the MAC has done for over 10 years:-( For me a major limitation.
>
> There is a hardware solution proposed by Colorgraphic Communications
>
> http://www.colorgfx.com/index.html
>
> that is supoosed to allow dragging of windows in real time between
> screens. A linux dirver has been promised but is currently (as of June)
> not available.

As far as I can tell, this is just multiple monitors on a single card, so
without special support from X, you won't be able to drag between monitors
still :-/

Has anyone considered software hacks? x2x looks pretty cool, just needs
some optimization. It has some limitations though.

> A software solution that allows dragging of windows is available for
> other "workstations" from XbigX.
>
> http://www.x-software.com/Software/Xbigx/info.english.html
>
> If we could convince them that linux was a viable market, it also might
> be an option. But most linux users want the software for free. And I
> think these folks write software so they can eat.

$323.00 for a big mouse pointer?

No thanks ;-)

-Dan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.118 / U:0.208 seconds]