SubjectRe: Two Video Adapters - disable one?
On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Rogier Wolff wrote:
> > > I was wondering this a few months back, but never asked
> > > can linux support two vidoe adapters?
> >
> > My two cgsix adapters seem to work fine under Linux/Sparc :-) On the

Recent Linux/m68k versions can handle multiple boards, too. The author of the
frame buffer device driver for Cirrus Logic based boards, Frank Neumann, has
even _three_ video boards in his Amiga. If you add the Chip RAM for his builtin
Amiga graphics, he has as much video RAM as normal RAM (12 MB) :-)

> > PC, I've always been led to believe that the hardware couldn't support
> > multiple VGA cards. You can have a VGA and an MDA card, though. Recently,
> > some manufacturers have been making cards that allow you to use more
> > than one simultaneously. The Matrox Millenium springs to mind (we have
> > 2 or 3 in our PCs at work). I don't think you can mix and match with
> > other cards, though.
>
> Agreed: I asked "Metro-X" what cards I was supposed to have to be able
> to use the multi headed feature. The answer was "Matrox, Matrox or
> Matrox."

According to the web pages, Xaccel also supports multi head on one brand of
Trio64 based boards (remember, the boards with the incredible high clock limits
in 24 bpp).

Greetings,

Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be
Wavelets, Linux/m68k on Amiga http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~geert/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.044 / U:0.484 seconds]