Subjectmultiple scsi cards and kerneld

I'm assuming that with the recent problems with vger, this message didn't
go thru, as I didn't receive any responses or the message itself..

-----------------
Hi all. I'm sorry to post here; I have tried several other lists with no
response. Perhaps this is the right place. I have an aic7xxx for my hard
disks, and an aha152x for my jaz. I have the aic7xxx and disk support
compiled in the kernel, but would like to load the aha152x as a module.
Currently, using modprobe to load the module works fine, but using kerneld
it doesn't work.

'mount /dev/sdc1' simply reports 'not a valid block device', and there
aren't even any syslog messages.

In conf.modules I have:

alias scsi_hostadapter aha152x
options aha152x aha152x=0x340,12

and I've even tried adding:

alias block-minor-8-33 aha152x

which also has no effect. Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong? I've
read that you can't have multiple scsi adapters as modules, but here I
only have one, and it still doesn't work..

Thanks for any ideas,
Dave Wreski

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.032 / U:0.384 seconds]