       Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 10:02:52 -0400
    From: David Feuer <>

    I was compiling glibc-2.0.4, but the make failed, leaving behind some
    rather mysterious files that could not be deleted. An ls in one of the
    directories in the source tree turned up some files of type "?", some
    that were supposedly block devices, and maybe some others, but I don't
    remember. They could not be deleted even by root. Attempting to delete
    them led to an error message something like:
    EXT2 <something> error: <Such and such> already cleared.
    Running e2fsck seemed to clear up the problem, but I thought I should
    let you know about it. Please respond to (don't
    use auto-reply). Thank you.

    You haen't specified anything about which version of the Kernel you are
    using, what kind of hardware you have, what kind of disk drive this
    happened on, etc.

    In nine of out of ten cases that I've seen reported, the problem has
    been hardware related, but you haven't given us enough information to
    really even judge what might have cuased the problem.

    - Ted

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.020 / U:1.628 seconds]