    SubjectRe: 2.1 Newbie boot bummer (SOLVED)
    Man that was quick...Both Claudio and Matthew immediately pointed out that
    I was likely to have compiled out virtual terminals when building my
    kernel. Sure enough, that was it. I'm still not coming up right, but at
    least I can see the problems now; I'll get there.

    In case anybody might wonder what would lead me to leave out virtual
    terminals, I can only say in my defense that, while "make xconfig" is nice
    and flashy, it does make it easy to blow past configuration parameters that
    weren't there before, and the default on these was "no". Next time I'll be
    more attentive.

    Many thanks, you've gotten me going again.

    jon

    Jonathan Corbet
    National Center for Atmospheric Research, Atmospheric Technology Division
    corbet@atd.ucar.edu http://www.atd.ucar.edu/rdp/jmc.html

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.018 / U:31.224 seconds]