    SubjectSCSI disks

    I hate to continue to beat this subject into the ground, but exactly what are
    SCSI hard drives considered to the superior to IDE? According to the fellow
    who wrote "Upgrading and Repairing PCs" (who, as a PC technician, I don't
    wholly trust), SCSI hard disks a mostly IDE disks with an additional SCSI
    interface, (ie, the head-disk-assembly is the same, and most of the control
    electronics.) Does SCSI provide additional commands which permit finer
    tuning and/or error prevention/correction than IDE?

    It seems to be generally considered that SCSI is superior to IDE, but from
    this guy's writing (excepting for multiple devices on the SCSI bus or really
    fast HDs) SCSI provides no benefit. Pls. someone cursorily clarify.

    W. Reilly Cooley
    NakedApe Consulting & Navi.Net representative
    1509 NE 10th Ave., #104 Portland, OR 97232
    503 287-2165

    As a service, I provide analysis for viruses and poor grammar to senders
    of unsolicited commercial e-mail at a rate of US$250 per hour. Delivery of
    said correspondence constitutes a request for the aforementioned services
    at said price.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.018 / U:8.124 seconds]