    SubjectRe: Bug in IP accounting explained
    On Jun 2, Bill Hawes wrote
    > There's an easy cheesy fix, which is just to make all of the sprintf()
    > format conversions have a fixed width, so that the converted length
    > can't change between calls. The right way to fix it would be to make
    > all the returned lines the same length, then divide the offset by the
    > length to calculate how many list nodes to skip over before starting the
    > new conversion.

    How about putting, say, 1024 bytes into foffset for each line, and
    not feel obligated to print that many bytes when lines are shorter.

    I seem to recall seeing that technique used in fs/proc/array.c

    --
    Raul

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.018 / U:123.540 seconds]