    SubjectRe: /proc/pci minor patch
    Hi!

    Joe Pranevich wrote:
    > Unfortunately, the PCI code maintainer (as
    > determined in pci.h) doesn't seem to exist anymore. (Does anyone know if
    > this is a temporary thing, or if there is a new address for the
    > maintainer? Maybe I should have checked the Maintainers file. :) )

    As of 2.1.42, I am both in the MAINTAINERS and the pci.h file.
    I've moved (to where I'm now posting from), but the mail should
    be forwarded. If there's a technical problem with the mail address,
    please tell me.

    > In any case, here is a simple patch to recognize the ALG-2064 as far as
    > /proc/pci is concerned. It just adds it to the existing device list and
    > should cause no problems. This diff should work with little or no
    > changes in both the 2.0.x and 2.1.x trees. (I'm 90% sure I did the diff
    > right. :) )

    Something similar was already in the patch I sent to linux-kernel about
    a week ago.

    > If I have sent this to the wrong place, or if there is an official
    > address to send prospective inclusions into the kernel, could someone
    > please tell me.

    linux-pcisupport@cck.uni-kl.de
    as mentioned in include/linux/pci.h

    I just saw, that as of pre-2.1.43, my patches are in the official kernel
    tree. If you're using pre-2.1.43 and still see some unknown PCI
    devices, please tell me about them (Craig: Your FDDI card is in the
    queue).

    Note that some people already mentioned a few problems with
    pre-2.1.43 in more vital areas than PCI card detection, so your
    milage may vary.

    Jens.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.020 / U:2.368 seconds]