    SubjectRe: "obsolete" hardware
    On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, Dale Scheetz wrote:
    > Drivers for SCSI devices are agreed by most to be in a tangled mess that
    > needs attention, but I would argue that a kernel that will perform
    > "reasonable tasks" has a higher priority.

    There is currently a lot of work going on to properly redesign
    the IO subsystem of Linux, the midlevel SCSI code already has
    been pretty much completely rewritten and we've put a lot of effort
    into making sure that we are getting rid of the limitations and design
    errors of the current generation of SCSI code in Linux.

    I am working with Eric to get rid of the remaining "misfeatures"
    in the current development code that keep us from supporting
    the next generations of parallel, SAA and FC-AL SCSI controllers.

    Mike

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.018 / U:92.768 seconds]