    From: owner-linux-kernel-outgoing
    Sent: Sunday, May 04, 1997 4:18 PM
    To: dledford; colin
    Cc: linux-kernel
    Subject: Re: Badblocks and no free pages...

    Is there a way to limit write behind buffers so more memory is available
    for other uses. Allocating more than eg. 2Mbyte per device won't speed
    up I think. Programs like "badblocks" or "mke2fs" will use all available
    space for buffering.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.018 / U:0.032 seconds]