SubjectRe: NT/Linux Driver?
Date
In article <linux.kernel.9705011452.AA04976@dcl.mit.edu>,
Theodore Y. Ts'o <tytso@MIT.EDU> wrote:

>The question I have is how many Windows NT kernel-level routies is a NT
>device driver allowed to call?

Apparently all of them. McAfee looked into hiring someone to write a
shim library so we could use oddball PC hardware on WebShield instead
of having to either chase the most recent version or write a lot of
drivers ourself [1]. We were told pretty quickly that we didn't want
to go there, cause we'd have to include the entire kitchen sink, up
to and including the registry.

But aside from the detail of having to shim about 6 million system
calls and fake out a registry to hold configuration information, it's
apparently quite doable.

[1 This translates to `myself' But that's okay, I didn't need the
sleep.]

____
david parsons \bi/ orc@pell.chi.il.us
\/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.045 / U:0.240 seconds]