SubjectRe: naive question: kernel CVS repository
Date
>    I just have a naive question (no pun intended, no flame war
> required). Why don't us establish an "official" CVS repository for
> the kernel.
>
> Because Linus does not desire to do it this way, and we all respect
> his wishes.

Note btw: That making an anoncvs tree of all the official releases is something
anyone can do and doesn't impact on development - it also makes stuff easier
for some folks. Anyone can set that up so why not go ahead.

For actual development there are good reasons for Linus keeping total control
one major one being to stop things going astray at times

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.034 / U:0.692 seconds]