SubjectRe: New UseNet Gateway under construction
I seen a product not too long ago (can't remember where as I had no
interest in buying it for $60)... but it walked as many web pages as you
would like it to and it grabbed *all* email addresses of *all* web pages
it could find.... they suggested starting at a site like
http://www.yahoo.com where it would transverse every yahoo site listed in
theory...

Paul

--
Out the modem, through the SPARC, down the T3, off the router, past the
frame-relay... nothing but Net.

On 28 May 1997, Andi Kleen wrote:

> "David S. Miller" <davem@caip.rutgers.edu> writes:
>
> > A spammer needs to go through some external amount of effort to grab
> > things off of a mailing list archive site (be it web based or
> > whatever), but with usenet it requires no effort, they just get it,
> > and since this is the easiest mechanism it is the one they are most
> > likely to use.
>
> The efforts to write/run a usenet scanner and to write a web spider
> that digs out mail addresses from all web pages it visits should
> be comparable. And I'm pretty sure there are already spammers out
> there who do this.
>
> -Andi.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.079 / U:1.888 seconds]