SubjectRe: Patches for 2.1.40

> Hello, Will!
>
>On Tue, 27 May 1997, Will French wrote:
>
>>> - colored printk messages according to message level
>> Bad idea; some colors won't show up on some black-and-white
>>VGA monitors. For example, if the monitor only reads from the
>>"green" pin, red messages won't show.
>
>If monitor reads from only one pin it is broken. And there is no problem to
>make color mixer on video output by hand.

Ummm... that would look great in the Documentation/Changes file, "prink's
are now colorized. If you have a monochrome monitor that doesn't display
them, get out a soldering iron..."

===
Evan Jeffrey
erjeffre@artsci.wustl.edu

Let us go. Let us leave this festering hell hole. Let us think the
unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the
ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
--Dirk Gently

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.064 / U:0.744 seconds]