SubjectRe: Patches for 2.1.40

> Pawel S. Veselov wrote:
>
> > If monitor reads from only one pin it is broken.
>
> I can assure you that such "broken" monitors exist.
>
> > And there is no problem to make color mixer on video output by
> > hand.
>
> No problem for you or me perhaps, but a big problem for Joe
> User, who may never have used a soldering iron.
>
> Richard A. Soderberg wrote:
>
> > So you could make this an option in config
> > (CONFIG_COLOR_PRINTK=y/n).. default it to no, let people
> > decide what to do... Even allow for modifcation of colors if
> > you want..
>
> Sounds good to me.

BAD BAD BAD idea. What is it good for? It is good for nothing and
could cause only unneccessary kernel bloat. If you want your own
colorful messages, patch sysklogd to do so. If you want it on
bootup... patch it into your own kernel, but please do not try to get
this into official release.

BTW think what hapens if you are using system that is "going down". Ie
you get messages on console. It breaks display enough, already.

This is my little buggy signature... Pavel
GCM d? s-: !g p?:+ au- a--@ w+ v- C++@ UL+++ L++ N++ E++ W--- M- Y- R+

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.030 / U:0.160 seconds]