SubjectRe: UseNet Gateway One Way ok?
Date
Letting the chips far where they may, I quote Marc E. Christensen:

>I took out their site for a half an hour last week when I sent them a
>32meg core file. You couldn't ping them or bring up their web site. I
>wonder how they got the Linux related mailing lists. (obviously they just
>sent messages to majordomo with 'who <list-name>' in the body. Mabey the
>lists should prevent this action from non-subscribers. They are complete
>jerks.

It works, but it's childish...

As for the list names... there was an autoresponder subscribed to the list:
msinfo101@answerme.com

Subscribing such bogous autoresponders to mailing lists is legally actionable.
Technically speaking, they don't have to fetch the list of addresses. They
just set back and record every e-mail address that goes through the list.

--Ricky

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.072 / U:1.468 seconds]