SubjectRe: UseNet Gateway One Way ok?
On 25 May 1997, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.3.95.970525190003.28803I-100000@speedy.iafrica.com>,
> Daniel Chalef <danielc@uunet.co.za> wrote:
> >Please at very least scramble the addresses. 10 minutes after posting to
> >this list earlier today, I had the complementary agis.net Portuguese telco
> >spam.
>
> So did I. Got 4 of 'em already. You would think that there's enough
> expertise in this group to cut off cyberpromo from the Internet for a
> couple of weeks.. just a thought :)

Ugh...I just got it too...and I can't even read the language. Talk about
misguided spam. FDT's been getting burried in spam this weekend, so I
just installed a few more of the sendmail rules from
http://www.informatik.uni-kiel.de/%7Eca/email/check.html on some of my
systems.

That Portuguese spam has a from address of
msinfo101@your-requested-info.com, which is an invalid domain...my systems
won't accept mail from bogus domains anymore. It is kind of annoying
having to mess with sendmail rules though.

Spamford runs BSDI. What holes does it have? It was really hilarious
seeing quantcom.com go up and down like a yoyo the other weekend after
"someone" spread the word on IRC that they were running NT and were OOB
vulnerable.

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.083 / U:0.252 seconds]