SubjectRe: Solaris source
Date
Letting the chips far where they may, I quote Systemkennung Linux:
>> There's no point in fighting Micro$haft... they can have the idiot section
>> of the computer market. Linux is UNIX -- and that means it ain't as simple
>> as "click here to begin." [I'll shutup before I start ranting...]
>
>This is your personal opinion - and it's a dangerous one. Idiots rule
>the world :-( We do have a powerfull interface to the machine. We now
>need something easy to use on top of that. Remember that we all work
>on the project "World Domination. Fast."

You make a good point, but if all the world is idiots then nothing will ever
work. The world cannot live on 95/NT -- serious networks need *NIX type
systems as servers, routers, etc. I have yet to see anyone replace a Cisco
router with 95 or NT -- and make it actually work. Ascend's latest creation,
the Giga-Router 400/1600, runs BSD; but most of their magic is in the
bus hardware -- proof positive given enough Xlinx processors, you can do
anything.

>> So, how long can you run a win95 machine before you have no choice but to
>> reboot? I've had linux boxes running for months without problems:
>> 3:40am up 98 days, 23:23, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
>
>I know that maintenance work on the university's power supply will run our
>Linux uptimes in September :-)

Have you ever considered slipping a UPS into the power cord... live? :-)

--Ricky

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.056 / U:0.456 seconds]