    SubjectRe: Solaris source
    Letting the chips far where they may, I quote Jakub Jelinek:
    >Ultralinux has no SMP yet, and I guess noone has a SMP Ultra handy for

    <big sheepish grin> It's not so much of having an Ultra, it's more a
    question of how long it would take the owners to realize:
    a) the web site on that box ain't on it anymore [I can reorganize web server
    to host mappings in a matter of seconds]
    b) their 30k$ monster machine is running linux.

    I could certainly push linux on that thing one Sunday morning when nobody
    was watching... [Dual 200Mhz UltraII]

    >Several people in Sun already told me that Sun's main aim in the OS field is
    >to beat Linux. I keep telling them, hey, fight against Microsoft, but they
    >probably want to compete with real Operating Systems and not with Microsoft

    There's no point in fighting Micro$haft... they can have the idiot section
    of the computer market. Linux is UNIX -- and that means it ain't as simple
    as "click here to begin." [I'll shutup before I start ranting...]

    So, how long can you run a win95 machine before you have no choice but to
    reboot? I've had linux boxes running for months without problems:
    3:40am up 98 days, 23:23, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

    Defiant (this here machine) has been up 80+03:35 plus the accumulated days
    of being halted -- the machine is on UPS, but the terminal isn't.
    [Boottime: Mon Feb 10 13:55]

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.017 / U:2.844 seconds]