    SubjectModular Loop Driver
    Date
    Progress report on my modular loop driver...

    I've finished these:
    loop.o Loop driver main module
    loop_none.o No transformation module
    loop_xor.o XOR transformation module
    losetup Setup utility (uses new interface, and MD5 from RFC 1321)
    They still need some torture testing though.

    I still have to complete the steganography module (loop_stego.o)
    before release - this module will require changes to the main loop driver
    module (loop.o) - and lastly patch the mount program (like losetup).

    I've started fiddling with IDEA and DES, but these modules will not
    be submitted for addition to the kernel (not exportable). They will be
    available in North America though (since I'm in Canada). I may even
    try a few others...

    Pre-release code is available on request. You must supply your own
    bug spray though.

    P.S. Almost forgot - compiling as modules is optional of course!
    This does not prevent you from using pre-compiled modules either.

    --
    Andrew E. Mileski mailto:aem@netcom.ca
    Linux Plug-and-Play Hardware Support http://www.redhat.com/linux-info/pnp/

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.017 / U:2.540 seconds]