    SubjectRe: your mail
    On Mon, 12 May 1997, Pawel S. Veselov wrote:

    > Hello, Regis!
    > On Mon, 12 May 1997, Regis Duchesne wrote:
    > >> Problem : Volume control change without any actions.
    > >Do you compile your sound driver as a module? In this case, this is a
    > >known bug. Your module has probably been unloaded by kerneld and when you
    > >have to play a sound again, it reset the volume at a high value.
    > So, the only solution is to recompile kernel with builtin sound support ?
    > In my case this can make kernel too bif :(
    Why doesn't anyone here seem to remember that kerneld only unloads stuff
    it has loaded? The other solutions are to insmod/modprobe sound driver
    manually or writing something funny in /etc/conf.modules (been so long
    that I've forgot _what_ to write there to get sound volume properly
    initialized when using kerneld...)

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.018 / U:7.356 seconds]