SubjectRe: can't swap disk to new machine
On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Paul Levin wrote:

> Howdy...
>
> I have slackware 2.0.13 running on a pentium 133MHz (call it
> box A). I have tried to take the bootable hard disk and run it on a second
> pentium (box B). On box A everything works well. On box
> B, when I try to boot from a floppy (same kernel) all goes
> well. When I try to boot box B from the hard drive, I find
> the following:
> 1) lilo is found and loaders start;
> 2) kernel is loaded;
> 3) kernel is started;
> 4) when the kernel gets around to the point of fscking
> the root file system before mounting, I get the following
> oops message:
box "A" wouldn't happen to be a Compaq box would it? I've had some
serious problems trying to trade a disk out of a compaq to another type of
computer because of some of the funky things they do to the firmware for
disks in thier boxes.

-Mason Pokladnik mason@schwanda.dorms.tamu.edu-
-eia@tamu.edu http://schwanda.dorms.tamu.edu/~mason-
- the cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.114 / U:0.316 seconds]