SubjectRe: Solaris sources
Dan Hollis wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Michael Nelson wrote:
> > On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Dan Hollis wrote:
> > > On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Michael Nelson wrote:
> > > Really? Has anyone actually purchased it? If so, who specifically?
> > Yes, several well-known CS-related universities have. The message passed
> > through my mailbox a couple of years ago and I can't remember who they
> > anymore. Sorry.
>
> The only information I have ever seen was that some university tried to
> get the source code (for security review or something). Might have been
> Stanford. Anyway, for various reasons they either weren't able to get the
> source or chose not to.
>
> It would be nice to have a "from the horse's mouth" report of someone who
> got the NT source code. Until then I consider it a wild unsubstantiated
> rumor.

Professor Evan Ivie at Brigham Young University teaches an operating system
class there, and personally told me that his class uses both NT (with source
code) and Linux for the research projects in the class. He lets the students
decide which OS they will use.

Tim Bird

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.097 / U:0.156 seconds]