    SubjectRe: Solaris source (fwd)
    Date
    Forwarded message:

    > > Several people in Sun already told me that Sun's main aim in the OS field is
    > > to beat Linux. I keep telling them, hey, fight against Microsoft, but they
    > > probably want to compete with real Operating Systems and not with Microsoft
    > > crap...
    >
    > No. Its because the idea of going up against the Microsoft behemoth
    > scares the piss out of them. Why attack someone stronger when you can

    Sorry -- I can hold my voice no longer. This is just plain bullshit.
    Sun has a commitment to be competitive with Microsoft; what the hell do
    you think Solaris/x86 is for? Crappy desktops? No. Its to compete with
    the windows NT market on mid to high-range servers.

    > attack someone weaker? I just hope we have the strength to withstand this
    > attack. We will all be hindered, and M$ will only benefit.

    I don't think (despite what that dude from SGI said) that Sun is
    competing with Linux, nor do I beleive that it is their aim. Being a Sun
    employee myself (and no I don't speak for them) I can tell you this for
    certain.

    > Basically, Sun is NO better than M$, it just happens to be smaller and
    > thus seen as the underdog.

    When's the last time you saw Sun bully smaller companies into selling out?
    Gimme a break.

    -S

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.018 / U:91.712 seconds]