SubjectRe: Solaris source (fwd)
Date
Forwarded message:

> > Several people in Sun already told me that Sun's main aim in the OS field is
> > to beat Linux. I keep telling them, hey, fight against Microsoft, but they
> > probably want to compete with real Operating Systems and not with Microsoft
> > crap...
>
> No. Its because the idea of going up against the Microsoft behemoth
> scares the piss out of them. Why attack someone stronger when you can

Sorry -- I can hold my voice no longer. This is just plain bullshit.
Sun has a commitment to be competitive with Microsoft; what the hell do
you think Solaris/x86 is for? Crappy desktops? No. Its to compete with
the windows NT market on mid to high-range servers.

> attack someone weaker? I just hope we have the strength to withstand this
> attack. We will all be hindered, and M$ will only benefit.

I don't think (despite what that dude from SGI said) that Sun is
competing with Linux, nor do I beleive that it is their aim. Being a Sun
employee myself (and no I don't speak for them) I can tell you this for
certain.

> Basically, Sun is NO better than M$, it just happens to be smaller and
> thus seen as the underdog.

When's the last time you saw Sun bully smaller companies into selling out?
Gimme a break.

-S

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans