    SubjectRe: Solaris source
    Date
    jj@sunsite.ms.mff.cuni.cz (Jakub Jelinek) writes:

    > Several people in Sun already told me that Sun's main aim in the OS field is
    > to beat Linux. I keep telling them, hey, fight against Microsoft, but they
    > probably want to compete with real Operating Systems and not with Microsoft
    > crap...

    That would be silly of Sun. I do not consider Sun, HP, Digital,
    etc. as Linux enemies. I think that their success is good for Linux.
    And Linux success can only be good for them. They may see it as a
    menace, but they are shortsighted. In the long run, widespread use of
    Linux may keep their UNIX offerings viable against Microsoft's growth.

    Let's not fall pray to a "divide and conquer" strategy.

    Julio

    --
    Julio Sanchez, SGI Soluciones Globales Internet
    Tel: (91) 804 28 37 Fax: (91) 804 14 05 WWW: http://www.esegi.es

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.019 / U:2.844 seconds]