    SubjectRe: Volume management on Linux with the ext2fs.
    On Apr 23, bofh@snoopy.virtual.net.au wrote
    > I've started a project to do something along these lines already.
    > It's called the Enhanced File System project, see
    > http://www.virtual.net.au/~rjc/enh/ for more information. You may
    > wish to join with us to work on such things. You'll note that I
    > have CC'ed this message to the Enhanced File system mailing list.

    You're not going to get anywhere until you limit yourself to a
    subset of "all operating systems". Unfortunately, file system
    semantics do vary from operating system to operating system.

    My preference would be for a clean linux-only design. I'd expect
    even this design to have a number of incompatible physical representations
    to occur during development.

    --
    Raul

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.027 / U:31.356 seconds]