SubjectRe: Volume management on Linux with the ext2fs.

convince veritas to port their stuff....

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Skeet Fischer wrote:

> On 22 Apr 1997, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> >
> > I have been considering adding to Linux volume management
> > capabilities, in the spirit of the IRIX volume management, where it is
> > possible for a file system to span multiple devices.
> >
> > Comments on this? Is this proposal completely foolish?
>
> I for one would love to see this. Our HP 9000/800 mini is running HP-UX,
> which has a volume manager similar to IRIX's (that's about it's only
> redeeming quality) and it definitely has been fantastic to be able to have
> file systems spanning disks. It is certainly easier when you need to add
> space than having to move lots of files or making lots of links.

COMPONENT EQUIVALENCY NOTICE: The Subatomic Particles (Electrons, Protons,
etc.) Comprising This Message Are Exactly the Same in Every Measurable
Respect as Those Used in the Messages of Other People, and No Claim to the
Contrary May Legitimately Be Expressed or Implied.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.247 / U:0.340 seconds]