    SubjectRe: FireWire Support? {Was: Re: Strange keyboard problem}
    Heck, if nobody else has begun to do this I'ld be willing to start
    up a team of people to explore this and implement it.

    I'm not familiar with FireWire or USB though at this time.

    But I do want to "talk" to my house, my wife has already learned to
    ignore me :-)

    - Jeff

    W. Reilly Cooley wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Jeffrey Wiegley wrote:
    > >when can I hook up my refrigerator to linux and get it to deliver me a
    > >cold soda on demand? I don't think an interrupt would be neccessary, I
    > >think polling the refrigerator would be sufficient :-) Would that make
    > >it a block device or a character device? (or maybe an ice block device
    > >or a cola device)
    > Just wait for USB and FireWire support, then you'll be able, well, almost,
    > to do this. How about a computer-telephony app that calls the pizza place
    > with a pre-recorded message to order pizza and beer, so you don't have to
    > take your headphones off to dial?
    > Speaking of FireWire, has anyone begun to develop drivers for it?
    > Wil
    > W. Reilly Cooley
    > NakedApe Consulting & Navi.Net representative
    > 1509 NE 10th Ave., #104 Portland, OR 97232
    > 503 287-2165
    > As a service, I provide analysis for viruses and poor grammar to senders
    > of unsolicited commercial e-mail at a rate of US$250 per hour. Delivery of
    > said correspondence constitutes a request for the aforementioned services
    > at said price.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.023 / U:4.932 seconds]