    SubjectRe: URGENT: A Plea to the owners of linux.dev.kernel
    >We still have some of that, but there are a lot of people who seem to be
    >posting on the list simply aren't kernel developers, and don't have the
    >expertise to do kernel development. Sigh.....
    Perhaps this is just another stupid newbie off-topic statement, but I'll
    say it anyway:

    Maybe a lot of the people wish to actually do kernel development, but
    haven't a clue how.. I'd love to work at it, and I have some ideas (stupid
    as they may be), and a rather decent knowledge of C.. however, I haven't
    the first clue how to get started in kernel hacking. I've been watching
    the list for about four months and reading code, etc., and just not
    getting anywhere... Problem is, I can't afford to go out and get a book or
    anythin. I'm on an incredibly limited budget, and $40 books just aren't on
    the list of things I can get. So, what this boils down to is, are there
    any free (i.e. Internet, whatever) resources I can get to help me learn?
    If not, perhaps one of you developers would start a newbie list or
    something where curious ones like me can sign up and be taught?

    It's not a bad thing to be ignorant, as long as one is willing to learn,
    imho. You all were newbies once...

    -Bri

    -=- Brian Smith (palin@lance.ij.net)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.024 / U:4.152 seconds]