    SubjectRe: Linux on PA/RISC

    ------- Forwarded Message

    Todd Graham Lewis <> wrote:
    >My understanding was that a lot of this (as well as the NetBSD port) was
    >based on the original CRSG BSD work, which was of a tenuous legal nature
    >(encumbered). There at least is the hardware documentation which results
    >from the Sparc clones out there, which has no analogue for the PA-RISC.
    >Then again, you're almost certainly more of an expert than I am; all of
    >what I just said is 100% hearsay.

    NetBSD doesn't have a PA-RISC port, actually. (The "hp300" port is for
    the m68k-based HP's.) If the MkLinux port could be turned into a
    regular monolithic Linux port, then Linux would probably be the first
    free monolithic unix-like operating system to support HPPA. Licensing
    conflicts would probably prevent moving code straight from the Mach
    kernel into the Linux server, though.

    - Maciej Stachowiak

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.028 / U:2.536 seconds]