    SubjectRe: 2.0.30 & ISDN lockup
    > I've heard of more complaints of this. Apparently nothing has been touched
    > in the ISDN code by this patch, so it must be related to a change elsewhere.
    > Perhaps the ISS stuff conflicts in some way with the ISDN ppp stuff? Are all
    > the ISS patches still available? I could try to find where the problem
    > starts.
    > BTW, apparently (most?) people who use the HiSax 2.0 driver don't have
    > problems. This in turn raises the question why the HiSax driver is not
    > included in the patch. It was submitted to Linus many weeks ago, and
    > the author was dismayed to find it was not included. The HiSax driver
    > is much more robust and stable than the teles driver currently in the
    > kernel sources.

    The Hisax driver will crash 2.0.30 unless you apply all the isdn patches
    at The 2.0.29 isdn patches consist of one main patch and 4
    smaller patches. Without the 4 smaller patches, the kernel will crash.

    P.S. I hope that those 4 smaller patches will be included in 2.0.31 and
    not just the main patch....
    P.S.1. I also hope that the old ISDN stuff will be fased out quickly to
    avoid mixups and provide clearity.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.018 / U:34.576 seconds]