    SubjectRe: 2.1.30 Kernel
    >> 	I'm new to the list, so pardon me if this question has been asked
    >> before (and I'm sure it has been). I just updated my machine from 2.0
    >> kernel to 2.1.30. Whenever I reboot my computer, I get a message stating
    >> that "route forgot to specify route netmask". I know how to manually
    >> specify a netmask with route, but is there some easy way to make these
    >> messages go away and have my TCP/IP stuff working again (I get "Invalid
    >> Argument" messages whenever I try to do anything IP related...)?
    >>
    >This is not a kernel-related question. It sounds like you either do not
    >have a network card installed, or your kernel has not been configured for
    >a network card.
    Actually, isn't it kernel-related? It worked fine for me (no errors) at
    2.1.26, but when I went to 2.1.27 was when it started.. about the same
    time as that weird ifconfig thing (numbers in the wrong places).. I'd
    changed nothing inbetween those. Is a new version of some tool needed or
    somethin?

    -Bri

    -=- Brian Smith (palin@lance.ij.net)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.017 / U:60.648 seconds]