SubjectRe: upgrade from 1.2.13 to 2.0.X
At 05:21 97-04-01 -0600, you wrote:

I did the setup on the spare machine, and copy all system acrosse the net
via mont NFS on other HD on my 1.2.13 machine, all went good, and copy my
all ISP file on my other HD, exept i cant copy /proc file system across the
NFS, it tell me file not found..??, and when i try to make tar of my /proc,
the tar respond to me file not exist for many files on the /proc, and i do
it from this server, not via NFS, anyone have idea..??

Daniel

>Set up a spare machine, upgrade using the latest of your favorite
>distribution, copy across your various system modifications, update your
>bootup config so that it matches the current server, if you have a home
>filesystem not on a separate hard drive then copy that across as well, take
>the server down, put in the new hard drive, bring the server back up.
>--
>* Doug Ledford * Unix, Novell, Dos, Windows 3.x, *
>* dledford@dialnet.net 873-DIAL * WfW, Windows 95 & NT Technician *
>* Springfield, MO and surrounding * Usenet news, e-mail and shell account.*
>* communities. Sign-up online at * Web page creation and hosting, other *
>* 873-9000 V.34 * services available, call for info. *

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.032 / U:0.528 seconds]