SubjectSource routing ?

Hi all!

I'm trying to modify a program so that it will use 2 interfaces to connect
to the internet, so they will alternate requests on different interfaces -
this program operates as the client, calling connect(). (Basically, I
want to be able to set the "local ip" in the "association") I know on the
server end, you can specify the interface to listen to with the bind()
call, but I don't know the right way to do this on the client side..

I went through the Stevens Unix Network Programming book, but only found a
few hints.. like using an ioctl to set the routing metric (but it says
that BSD ignores this... does linux?). The other option I found
was source routing, but It doesn't go into detail on that either so..

If someone here could give me a hint, it'd be very much appreciated :)

Thanks,

Ian

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.344 / U:0.092 seconds]