    SubjectRe: upgrade from 1.2.13 to 2.0.X
    --------
    > hi all
    >
    > i have question, i want to upgrade my linux from 1.2.13 to 2.0.29,
    > but i have problem, i'm ISP, then i dont want to shutdown the system to
    > long, so is everyone can tell me what the best way to upgrade, and in
    > wich order to do it, i upgrade my kernel and after my utilitys program,
    > or my utilitys program and my kernel after.?

    Set up a spare machine, upgrade using the latest of your favorite
    distribution, copy across your various system modifications, update your
    bootup config so that it matches the current server, if you have a home
    filesystem not on a separate hard drive then copy that across as well, take
    the server down, put in the new hard drive, bring the server back up.
    * Doug Ledford * Unix, Novell, Dos, Windows 3.x, *
    * dledford@dialnet.net 873-DIAL * WfW, Windows 95 & NT Technician *
    * Springfield, MO and surrounding * Usenet news, e-mail and shell account.*
    * communities. Sign-up online at * Web page creation and hosting, other *
    * 873-9000 V.34 * services available, call for info. *

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.019 / U:0.516 seconds]