    SubjectRe: ISS patch problem?
    On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, David S. Miller wrote:

    > Ok, all reports seem to indicate that after up to 30 seconds the
    > problems disappear.
    >
    > This means the socket is hanging around in the lookup tables until a
    > timeout occurs.
    >
    > Are you just killing off sendmail, then trying to start it back up
    > right there and then, and this is when you see the error? If so, this
    > should be easy to track down, fix, test, and get into test4.

    I can confirm this. Had httpd (Apache 1.1.1) abort and got the same bind
    error on attempting to restart. In this case, it was the campus master
    web server, so I didn't hang around to see if it would time out, I
    rebooted. :-)

    Oh, but I LOVE the speed on my 100Mb networks...

    -Jonathan _ _
    Jonathan A. Davis | Academic Systems Analyst | Hattiesburg/Gulf Park/Stennis
    Computing Center | Box 5171 | 39401-5171 | (601) 266-4103 | davis@cc.usm.edu
    http://evergreen.cc.usm.edu/~davis | Linux: The choice of a GNU generation

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.018 / U:34.388 seconds]