    SubjectRe: TCP Stall
    Date
    On Sun, 30 Mar 1997 21:35:26 -0500 (EST),
    "Richard B. Johnson" <root@analogic.com> wrote:

    > March 30, 1997
    > Via PPP from Groveland, Massachusetts, USA at about 10 baud
    > on a 56 kb link.
    >
    > Gentlemen,
    >
    > I have been looking into the TCP Stall problem when FTPing
    > files between Linux machines via a PPP link. This problem
    > also occurs with remotely mounted file-systems. I have
    > reported this problem over 10 times during the past two
    > years and I have recorded at least 25 other instances in
    > which other users have reported the same problem.
    >
    > Apparently this problem is not considered important because
    > absolutely nothing has been done about it for over two
    > years. There have been no experimental patches from Network
    > gurus attempting to fix this very real and very troublesome
    > problem.

    Richard - on March 23 I mailed you a couple of patches, asked you to
    try them and if they did not work to do a tcpdump trace and mail me the
    results. You did not reply which makes it very difficult to diagnose
    the problem.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.018 / U:33.168 seconds]