SubjectRe: Problem with >1 page GFP_KERNEL kmalloc()
Date
> Any kernel software shall never try to allocate a physical memory area
> larger that 1 PAGE a long time after the system has been booted up.
> There is no guarantee that is always possible, and when it is, this may
> cause lots of recently cached objects to be trashed or swapped out.
>
> I prefer such silly softwares to make problems to users, in order they
> will be fixed more quickly.

well, could anyone please fix the floppy device driver as we sometimes
get

Unable to allocate DMA memory

when trying to load this module using kerneld when the machine has been up
for a while...

Harald
--
All SCSI disks will from now on ___ _____
be required to send an email notice 0--,| /OOOOOOO\

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.066 / U:1.316 seconds]