       Date: 	Wed, 26 Mar 1997 02:40:32 -0500
    From: "David S. Miller" <>

    To people watching this silly thread, it should be entirely obvious
    why Linus doesn't even post here anymore... this list is going past
    it's usefullness most of the time, people are abusing it.

    The trick is to realize that certain people are completely clueless, and
    then trust that the people on linux-kernel who really are compentent can
    figure this out on their own.

    The Clueless Ones may spew lots of ideas, but they don't actually code
    (or else they'd very quickly realize why their ideas are 100%
    impractical), so it's safe to ignore them. And even if they coded
    something, and it was dog slow (the idea of writing a kernel in java
    would probably run at 10% speed compared to current kernels), I trust
    Linus to do the right thing.

    We need to stop trying to educate fools on the mailing list --- the
    universe produces them faster than we can train them. If you are
    feeling charitable, send them a few messages via private e-mail; many
    times, though, I don't even bother with that. If they really are right,
    and I'm wrong, let them code it up a demonstration, and then I'll take a
    look at it. Remeber, just because a fool posts on linux-kernel, you're
    under no obligation to spend *your* volunteer time implementing his

    - Ted

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.017 / U:0.072 seconds]