    SubjectRe: Sharing SCSI disks
    Date
    > However, unlike an MS OS, you are always free to join in the development
    > effort. If RAW IO in linux is important to you, you could always help
    > implement it instead of continue to whine about its absence. However, I
    > would be very interested in you explaining why you NEEDED non-buffered,
    > totally raw I/O. (I really would like to hear the reasons)

    If, for instance, you were sharing a SCSI disk between a pair of machines,
    it might be helpful to actually get the data written out to the disk
    at the same time that you are notifying the other machine of the write.
    Without some type of fixed-time policy, you cannot (?) gaurantee any
    cache consistancy between the two machines.

    I'm just guessing at this. Comments?

    --
    Randy Scott <scottr@belle.bork.com>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.017 / U:0.264 seconds]