SubjectRe: parallel zip drives
Date
> Is it me or do parallel port zip drives just plain suck under linux?

This might not be the best way to try to get some help from the volunteers
that build and support Linux software for you.

> I heard that this may be caused by the fact that the driver does not support
> epp, anyone have any comments, ideas, or zip drive benchmarks.

A lot of work has been done - including support for EPP. But ...

> Also, please do not refer me to any howto's or faq's, I have read them already.

Apparently not well enough, or you might have found the Zip page at

http://www.torque.net/zip.html

There, you'd certainly have seen the link to Dave Campbell's
"curtin" driver - which addresses many of the concerns you express.

Of course, you could also have written to the author of the driver,
who might just have taken a few minutes to explain some of the issues to
you.

Grant R. Guenther grant@torque.net

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.072 / U:0.648 seconds]