    SubjectVanilla 2.1.17 and DMA transfers.

    I have found when accessing a diskette (DMA 0), and playing anything audio
    (DMA 1, GUS - DMA 3, SB16), suddenly my access will drop on the DMA 0, and
    eventually choke, reporting errors everywhere. I have not had a prior
    experience with this with any other 2.1.x kernels (or is it just as rare
    as I use the Floppy? =)). If this has been addressed, I apologize, but
    vger has been repeating everything so often, if the subject and the body
    is somewhat similar I have it currently go into a killfile, as I have been
    recieving over 4 copies of the same mail every day, and do not wish to
    cancel subscription until the problems are resolved. This does not cause a
    problem or even a stutter on the SB or the GUS... Currently I am running:
    Kernel 2.1.27, Glibc 2.0.1, GCC, binutils, modutils 2.1.23
    (floppy is compiled into the kernel).

    :. `:::::
    :::. I do not think of it as a bug so much as a `:::
    :::::. limitation in the perfection of the universe `:

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.016 / U:0.252 seconds]